By: Nealey Whisler, Global Director of Talent Management & Engagement | 11/29/2021 |
It’s our new reality, we’re no longer making the commute to the office, but rather working from home in yoga pants and sharing office space with our pets. Things feel A LOT more casual these days. My guess is that working from home shaves 30-90 minutes of AM prep time. I’m gonna share with you some tips and hacks to get ready SUPER quick and still be Zoom confident.
15 Minute Morning Routine
- The night before – consider picking up/sprucing up your office space so it’s all ready for you in the morning
- Multi-task – listen to a podcast or the news while you get ready
- The work mullet – business up top and casual below – check out this video for more Work Mullet Tips
- Get ready quickly
- Take good care of your skin at night, so in the AM your skin looks fresh and ready for the day
- Simple makeup (if you wear makeup) – it’s as easy as a tinted moisturizer, cream blush, mascara, and lip-gloss- that’s it – 100% Zoom camera ready
- Hair (these tips are based on my hair type – check here to find yours)
- If you can – no need to wash everyday – find a good texturizer or dry shampoo
- Brush your hair well at night and consider wearing up to give hair more volume in the AM
- Hot tools – a couple of quick touchups in the front usually does the trick – another version of the Work Mullet
- Plan your outfits i.e. fancy tops for days or repeat solid color clothing often
- Accessories – this is another way to instantly seem more dressed up – earrings, rings, necklaces, scarfs. Etc.